What data we collect
We may collect the following data:
- Your IP address.
- Your contact information and email address.
- Other information such as weight, height, fitness goals and other preferences.
- Data profile regarding your online behaviour on our App and Website.
Why we collect your data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- To customise our App and Website according to your online behaviour, fitness and personal preferences.
- Authentication cookies that monitor whether you are logged in or not;
- Session cookies that allow you to remain logged in and keep track of your activities until the browser shuts down;
- Persistent cookies that help us monitor our services by recording your browser activities and they do not expire upon browser shut down; and
- Flash cookies to personalise your experience using Adobe Flash ©.
Cookies are used for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Improve the performance by reporting any errors that occur;
- Provide statistics about how the Website is used;
- Remember settings that you used on our Website;
- Identify that you are logged into the Website;
- Link to social networks like Facebook and Twitter; and
- Provide ads that are tailored to you.
For credit card transactions we use a third party processor (e.g. Stripe) and/or payment gateway (e.g. eWay) that we may change from time to time so that:
- Payments are processed in real time; and
- We do not have access to your credit card numbers.
We use database management system to store most of the personal information and it contains security features, such as encryption, firewall and anti-virus, to ensure the protection and integrity of our data.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We only disclose your personal information for purposes that are reasonably related to our business. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for payment, profit or advantage. We may disclose your personal information to third parties, from time to time, to assist us in conducting our business, including:
- Technology service providers including internet service providers or cloud service providers;
- Data processors that analyse our website traffic or usage for us;
- Agents that perform functions on our behalf, such as mailouts, debt collection, marketing or advertising;
- Our related bodies corporate; and
- To persons, entities or courts as required under the law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To provide the service you wish to use;
- To improve our business, services, products and website;
- To customise and promote our services which may be of interest to you;
- To comply with or as permitted under the law; or
- With your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information that we hold, and we will:
- Verify your identity;
- Charge you to cover the cost of meeting your request, if any, but not for the request itself; and
- Within a reasonable period of time, comply with your request.
We may refuse to allow you to access your personal information if we are not required to do so under the Australian Privacy Principles. You may request to correct your personal information that we hold and we will update your personal information so that it is up-to-date, accurate, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If you believe we breached the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act, please contact:
James Yammine by email at [email protected]
We ask that any complaint be made in writing to us in the initial instance. We will then respond to your complaint in writing and in accordance with any timeframes required by law. We may request that you provide further information about your complaint to allow us to duly assess your complaint. If for any reason you do not wish to complain to us initially or if we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, a complaint may also be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au).